Protecting Your Assets With Maintenance Management Systems
Maintenance management is essential for protecting and maintaining a company’s physical assets and resources. Enterprise organizations use maintenance management systems to track equipment, workers, and inventory, ultimately saving money on repairs, unnecessary maintenance, and unplanned downtime while ensuring maximum productivity and safety.
Our intent here is to help maintenance professionals understand more about maintenance management and discuss the components and features organizations should look for in their first (or next) maintenance management system.
What Is Maintenance Management?
Maintenance management is a continuous process that entails the planning, scheduling, and monitoring of company infrastructure, equipment, and machinery to ensure they remain in good working order and perform at peak levels.
While maintenance processes vary by industry, the main goals of maintenance management are to protect company assets, extend equipment lifespan, reduce unplanned downtime, and optimize maintenance resource utilization.
Many businesses are shifting away from manually recorded processes and toward using maintenance management systems to streamline and optimize this process. These systems can assist organizations of all types in ensuring maximum efficiency and in keeping track of their maintenance schedules.
Below, we will discuss:
Let’s dive in and see how a cutting-edge maintenance management system can improve and streamline your maintenance efforts—and improve your bottom line.
The Benefits of a Maintenance Management System
The proactive maintenance of company equipment and assets is crucial in ensuring company operations function properly and optimally. High-performing equipment is essential to a company’s success, as faulty or frequently breaking down resources can result in costly expenses, decreased profitability, and unsatisfied customers.
Breakdowns often result in costly expenses for labor, parts, and production disruptions—leading to decreased production and revenue. To prevent these adverse effects, companies must implement a successful maintenance strategy to safeguard their assets.
Effective maintenance management provides several benefits, including:
- Reliability and increased lifespan: Regular equipment maintenance keeps assets in good working order for longer periods of time. Companies that implement effective maintenance strategies can help reduce the risks of equipment failure and maximize the return on asset investment.
- Reduced costs: Proactive maintenance can help identify and correct problems before they cause equipment failure and the resultant costs of labor, replacement, and disruptions to production schedules.
- Increased utilization and productivity: Effective maintenance can keep equipment running at peak performance and prevent disruptions that lead to lower productivity.
- Informed decision-making: Effective maintenance management frequently involves the use of tools and monitoring strategies that provide managers with useful information and insights that can be used to guide decision-making and improve operations.
- Enhanced safety: Regular maintenance can help identify and eliminate potential safety hazards and ensure equipment is used safely.
The Main Types of Maintenance Management
Now that we’ve established the advantages of effective maintenance management, we should examine the three main maintenance strategies a company can use to protect expensive or critical assets. Companies frequently use these three common maintenance management strategies, alone or in combination, to create an efficient and cost-effective maintenance plan.
There are three main types of maintenance management:
- Corrective Maintenance: Corrective (or reactive) maintenance is frequently used to repair or replace equipment after it has degraded or failed. This type of maintenance is appropriate for low-priority equipment with no bearing on production schedules or revenue.
- Preventive Maintenance: Preventive maintenance involves regular and routine repairs that are used to reduce costs and disruptions to production schedules. It is frequently used to prevent business-critical equipment from failing and can help machines function at peak performance levels for longer periods of time.
- Predictive Maintenance (PdM): Predictive maintenance uses Internet of Things (IoT) technology, machine-level sensors, and predictive analytics software to monitor the current status of equipment and detect potential anomalies and failure patterns. This type of maintenance is used to predict potential failures, enabling more targeted maintenance to be performed before breakdown occurs, leading to a dramatic reduction in downtime and the need for corrective maintenance.
Top Maintenance Management Systems Features
While many businesses rely on manual recording and tracking processes for maintenance management, many businesses are turning to a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to help plan, schedule, and track maintenance activities and performance KPIs.
A top-notch CMMS, like LLumin’s CMMS+ solution, can help provide the tools to improve visibility and efficiency in maintenance operations, automate work order management, and support a company’s overall maintenance strategy.
The most important maintenance management features are:
- Automated work order management: Enables companies to automate the creation, tracking, and management of maintenance work orders and schedules.
- Inventory management: Tracking and ordering of maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) inventory can help companies reduce excess MRO inventory while ensuring critical supplies are on-hand when needed.
- Asset management: The best CMMS systems provide features and capabilities that enable companies to maintain a bird’s eye view of multiple facilities, equipment, and inventory levels. Your chosen CMMS solution should help you manage physical assets and track their condition and maintenance history.
- Cloud-based and mobile access: Cloud-based platforms that can be accessed from mobile devices enable your entire organization to access vital information from anywhere in the world, at any time, with the convenience of a handheld device.
- Advanced reporting and analytics: The best CMMS solutions use artificial intelligence (AI)-powered analytics to provide deep insights into maintenance activities and accurately predict performance levels and maintenance needs far in advance, enabling a company to streamline maintenance operations and reduce costs.
- Integration ready: To provide a high-level view of your overall operations, your chosen CMMS solution should be integration-ready with your existing tech infrastructure and solutions, such as those used to manage assets, finance, and human resources.
LLumin’s Cutting-Edge CMMS+ Software and Your Company
LLumin’s advanced maintenance management solution provides superior benefits that utilize a rule-based engine that incorporates data from operations, personnel, and machines.
By working with the LLumin team and implementing the cutting-edge CMMS+ software, you will unlock benefits that include:
- Fully integrated operations: LLumin’s CMMS+ software integrates asset management processes with manufacturing systems, personnel, and supply chain partners. This integration can help your company streamline maintenance and asset management tasks and optimize production operations, resulting in happy customers and lower costs.
- Optimized machine uptime: LLumin enables data exchange between maintenance and production operations, leading to increased efficiency and machine uptime while optimizing a company’s overall maintenance operations. Further, LLumin can monitor real-time machine health and alert technicians to perform maintenance before unexpected failure occurs.
- Advanced personnel management: LLumin’s CMMS+ software can help manage maintenance and engineering personnel by recording the time it takes to complete tasks and providing reporting and analytics that streamline future labor scheduling.
- Automated report generation: Many industries, due to their size and scope, require reports on data from machine operations, maintenance work orders, and supply chain vendors and contractors. With LLumin, these reports can be automated, scheduled, and shared via email notifications, reducing the risk of communication breakdown and the need for manual tasks, follow-up, and administration.
- Adaptability: LLumin’s rule-based software is adaptable. Rules can be created to meet the specific needs of a business, and the results of these rules can be automated. These rules can be modified as business needs change.
- Ongoing customer service: Working with LLumin does not end with the installation of the CMMS+ software. Following installation, the experts at LLumin remain available to assist with any questions or problems. By contacting LLumin, a consultation can be scheduled so that the rule-based software can be quickly adapted to new needs and conditions.
The Best Enterprise Maintenance Management System Is LLumin’s CMMS+
LLumin’s CMMS+ is an advanced maintenance management software that enables intelligent, proactive asset management. LLumin’s software is powered by machine-level sensors and AI algorithms and can provide you and your team with the real-time data you need to reduce equipment downtime, improve response times, and safeguard asset inventory.
The CMMS+ software will help free human resources from repetitive, time-consuming tasks that require guesswork and have a high risk of human error, allowing your team to refocus on high-priority tasks that can add value to your company.
Further, implementing LLumin’s CMMS+ software is easy. Our experts will assess your existing infrastructure and use their established implementation process to ensure the CMMS+ software deployment process is fast, easy, and impactful.
So if you are looking for a cutting-edge CMMS+ accompanied by a seamless implementation process and an expert customer support staff, then LLumin is a perfect fit.
LLumin develops innovative maintenance management systems software to manage and track assets for industrial plants, municipalities, utilities, fleets, and facilities. To get started, we encourage you to schedule a free demo or Contact the experts at LLumin to see how our CMMS+ software can help you reach your maintenance management, efficiency, and cost-cutting goals.